Nancy & Bill Buckland donated the the NaBs Trophy to recognize outstanding blue merle Cardigan Welsh Corgis. It is awarded annually to a blue merle Cardigan owned or co-owned by a CCCC member in good standing. The winner will be the blue merle dog, bitch or sexually-altered Cardigan earning the highest point accumulation in the previous calendar year whether in Performance, Conformation or a combination of both.
- 1992: Am/Can Ch FFalian Finnshavn Lisbeth, Charlie MacInnes and “Lisbeth”
- 1993: Am/Can Ch Caerphilly Bule Mordred, Lore Bruder and “Spuddie”
- 1997: Ch Bluetrix Druids Dream CGN, Lore Bruder and “Druid”
- 1999: Hedgerow BJ’s Apple Pie, Beth Magnus and “Dessi”
- 2000: Live Oak Jazz Me Blue, Carolyn-Fricke and “Sinatra”
- 2001: Am/Can Ch. Bluetrix Son of Spuddie Wind, Lore Bruder and “Keeper”
- 2004: Ch Finnshavn Blue Belle, Charlie MacInnes and “Bella”
- 2005: Tuahine Blue Minstrel (NZL), Fern Hunt, Lore Bruder and “Laszzor”
- 2006: Ch Finnshavn Manitoulin Monti, Maja Hurd and “Monti”
- 2007: Ch Finnshavn Manitoulin Monti, Maja Hurd and “Monti”
- 2011: Cornersone’s On Second Thought CD RE SHDY AGY AGJNS, Amanda Labadie and “Pixel”
- 2012: Ch Bluetrix Remington Ranch Hand CGN RN, Lore Bruder and “Remi”
- 2013: Ch Finnshavn Manitoulin Monti, Maja Hurd and “Monti”
- 2014: Ch Bluetrix Remington Ranch Hand CGN RAHT SDSs HSs, Lore Bruder and “Remi”
- 2015: Ch Bluetrix Fido the Darby Mint CGN, SDA(s), HA(s). Co-owned Lore Bruder and Gloria Graham; handled by Gloria Graham “Fido”
- 2016: White Raven Hurricane Hazel, HT, RN, “Hazel” is owned and trained by Maja Hurd
- 2017: Ch. HC HAS Bluetrix Remington Ranch Hand CGN, RA, HX. Lore Bruder and “Remi”
About the Award:
- Points will be awarded for any CKC performance or conformation events.
- Applicants must submit their entries for the Nabs trophy by the end of January for the previous calendar year to the Awards and Trophy Committee.
- Applicants are responsible for maintaining record of their own scores to be submitted on the prescribed form.
For Performance (obedience, rally, agility, herding, tracking), points are awarded as follows:
For qualifying rounds, a first place at any level is worth 4 points, second place 3 points; third place 2 points. High in Trial for performance is 10 points, with a maximum of 10 points per trial.
Breed level – the top three placements at any show will accumulate points as follows: a first place is worth 4 points, second place 3 points; third place 2 points. Best of Breed is worth 9 points, Best of Opposite Sex is worth 8 points, Best of Winners is worth 7 points; Winners dog/Bitch is worth 6 and Reserve Winners Dog/ Bitch is worth 5. At the Breed level only the highest point total on the day is counted so the maximum would be 9 points.
Group level – Group wins are worth 4 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd and 1 for 4th in addition to points earned at the breed level. Best in Show is an additional 10 points so the maximum would be 14 points.
Taffy competes at an agility trial (which has only two events in CKC). She is second in Jumpers with Weaves (3 points) and first in Agility (4 points) and she receives High in Trial (10 points). She would accumulate 10 points for that trial.
Taffy competes in conformation the following weekend. She comes first in her class (4 points) and goes on to take Best of Breed (9 points). She then goes on to a Group second (3 points). In this case the class win, 4 points, gets dropped in favour of the higher BOB score (9) plus the Group score (3). Taffy earns 12 points on the day. In total Taffy has earned 22 points which are eligible for the NaBs trophy.
Send your entry to:
12295 Strader Road
Williamsburg, Ontario K0C 2H0
Entries must be received by January 31.